So I bought a mic preamp previously for my planned studio rebuild. Next up was a mic filter!
Again another half price eBay buy. These are a great option for not only getting clearer vocals in an untreated room but also portability as they fold up and are lightweight.
This is a StudioSpares model. My girl is a singer so she will be the Guinea pig on this one.
I have no idea of the quality but again it’s cheap so review coming on this too…
Brief sound clip of the MOEN MO-OD Overdrive. http://www.moenfx.com
It’s a take on a traditional Tubescreamer, I had a TS-808 and I prefer this much more!
Short but sweet!
I’m in the process of revamping my home studio setup.
Providing I stick with my list of specific equipment I am planning to buy I will be replacing the following bit’s of gear and as I go along reviewing / demoing each piece of equipment.
- Audio Interface – Native Instruments Komplete Audio 6
- Studio Monitors – Edifier 1900TII
- Reference Monitors – Edifier 1600T
- Laptop – ASUS X501A – I3 Processor 2.2Ghz / 4GB RAM / 320GB Hard Disk
- Microphone Preamp – Behringer MIMIC MIC800 Modelling Preamp
This blog will probably be very busy with studio updates most of which I hope will be useful.
I’ll cover all the gears features and do some videos of them in use. I’m aiming for a fairly budget concious studio that anyone can afford to build that can provide great results.
Should be fun!
Another great pedal here.
UK built overdrive from http://www.bigbitefx.com/
This is a dual channel pedal with an overdrive on channel one and a boost / extra gain channel on two.
This demo provides you with tones from clean boost to overdrive on a clean channel and also boosting an already dirty channel to get more of a metal tone.
This is another pedal build like a tank, it’s got a large casing though so for people with a tight pedal board space could be an issue. It’s pretty organic and very versatile.
Have a listen guy’s.
Here’s a quick demo of a great little FET based distortion pedal for the Rock and Blues guitarist.
No talking on this one just straight to playing.
I love these pedals, they’re built like a tank, affordable and sound awesome. Check it out and leave a comment on what you think of it.
Audio Clip of MOEN Deep Blue:
- BigBiteFX Overdrive Pedal – The BigBite (studioinsider.wordpress.com)
- Original Barber Burn Unit (dejavoodoostudios.com)
- Akai Blues Overdrive (dejavoodoostudios.com)
- Carl Martin PlexiTone Pedal (carlmartinplexitonepedalbs9.wordpress.com)
- Behringer TO800 Vintage Tube-Sound Overdrive Pedal (yhixm8by.wordpress.com)
- Effects and amps.. (jimmydammageandtheshadow.wordpress.com)